Business world is filled with stories of entrepreneurs who made a leap of faith and achieved an overnight success. Why then are people so afraid to follow their examples? Maybe because starting a business involves a very complicated process? Truth is, starting a business can be pulled off in a matter of days, if not hours, and the only thing that separates successful entrepreneurs from common folks is that they realized this fact and had enough courage to act upon.
Let us see what you should do to join their ranks.
Choose the Right Idea When Starting A Business
We know, it is much harder than it sounds, but it is not nearly as hard as one might think. Here are few tips that should help you along the way:
- Rely on your talents and passion. It is the only way your startup will have a chance of surviving its infancy. Make a short list of things you are proficient at and you like doing, and see how you can fit them into the current market demand.
- Check the web. There are dozens and dozens of low cost business ideas out there. Not every one of them is great, but some of them can spark a great idea of your own.
- Sometimes, billion dollar ideas and disasters are just few details away. Get your friends together and try to cast some light on those details.
Work On Your Branding
Starting your business requires you to establish your brand properly. Now that you have some idea what your business will be about, you have to provide it with a marketable identity. Keep in mind, no matter how broad the appeal that you want to achieve, your brand will have its foothold in some core audience. Your brand’s personality should catch to the core audience’s attention. Once you get this important issue off the table by finding answers to questions like “What values my brand embodies?”, “How does the external appearance of my brand reflect itself within the eyes of the consumers?”, and “How would my brand react in certain situations in relation to its properties?”, things will be much easier.
Write a Business Plan
Starting a business means coming up with a business plan. Business plans are not only a great roadmap that will keep you on course in case you get lost. They can be used to pitch your business idea to investors as well. Here are few things every business plan should include:
- Business description. The name is pretty self-explanatory. Write down what is your business about, what will be its business model, what is your core audience, etc.
- Operational plan. Or in other words how do you intent to produce and deliver your products and operate your business. Try to be as thorough as possible – Everything from raw materials to debt collection matters.
- Marketing plan. What marketing channels you intent to use, and how you intent to use them.
- Pricing model. If you are not able to conduct a short market research, check the competition in order to get some general idea on the customers’ buying power.
- Objectives. What, when, and how you want to achieve something.
- Budget. The amount of money you will need to put all of this into motion.
Establish Your Business on the Web
In this day and age, running a business without making sure it is well established on the internet is nothing short of suicidal. Fortunately, there are more than enough free website builders that will allow you to tackle this issue in a matter of hours. When you are done, make sure to accompany the website with the profiles on all relevant social media websites. This way, once you come into the room with investors you will already have something tangible to present to them.
All you have to do now is to secure the funding and your business will be ready to fly. Again, it is much easier said than done, but once you finally secure the money, you will have everything in place to start your career as an entrepreneur. You see, it wasn’t that hard at all.
Clarissa is a Creatrix® Transformologist for women and also part of The Global Information Network.
Creatrix® helps EMULATE that real-life wake up call, ensuring LASTING results and breaking the intergenerational cycle that holds us back. or learn more here:
The Global Information Network teaches you how to BE DO HAVE anything and everything in your life with a network full of experts and professionals. Learn More here: